IFMRS Travel Grants
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
IFMRS travel grants are available for members of IFMRS member societies to attend any IFMRS member society or affiliated event. Please note that grants cannot be awarded retrospectively.
NB: Successful applicants may be contacted by the IFMRS to provide content for the IFMRS on-line learning environment, HubLE.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- be an individual member of an IFMRS affiliated society – see a list of current affiliated societies here.
- applicants who have submitted an abstract will be given preference
- have not previously received an IFMRS travel grant
- qualification of PhD and/or MD, DDS, DMD or veterinary degree
- within 15 years of gaining most advanced degree
- please note that applicants with no additional funding (eg new investigator award, travel grant from other sources) will be given priority
NB: applicants must follow the procedure outlined in the application form, including emailing a copy of their abstract and letter from supervisor confirming eligibility to email@example.com. Applicants who do not follow the procedure will be automatically disqualified
- Individual grants of up to $500 each are available as a contribution towards travel and registration fees
- Payment made post-event on proof of attendance
- Grants are allocated on a quarterly basis to eligible applicants
Application and review process
- Check you qualify for eligibility (see above)
- Complete the application form
- Email the form and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be checked and reviewed by representatives from the IFMRS grants committee. We aim to notify applicants within 3 weeks of the event date.
Please note that there is a budget for each member society which is allocated on a quarterly basis. If your society has reached its limit you may not be eligible, even if the application process is still open to other societies and/or their annual meeting.