The IFMRS is an international, not for profit federation of musculoskeletal research societies dedicated to promoting excellence in the field of bone and mineral research. The IFMRS mission is to advance musculoskeletal research globally in order to prevent and treat musculoskeletal diseases by collaborating with international societies to share resources, raise public awareness and provide education.
How to join
The IFMRS is now open to membership applications from eligible societies. Please note that there are no individual members – membership is only open to societies. The IFMRS offers a unique opportunity to establish direct and regular contacts with other musculoskeletal societies to exchange information, ideas, programs, speakers, students, in an effort to improve and grow our field worldwide.
Benefits of joining include:
Grants and Fellowships - Your members will have access to IFMRS Travel and Exchange grants and to IFMRS Fellowships
Your society can reach out internationally to other societies in a world beyond your own speciality
Improve research and treatment in musculoskeletal diseases by joining forces
The IFMRS can provide world-renowned international speakers to present at your society’s meetings (see report from the ANZBMS here)
Access to centralised information on a variety of topics including Big Data, Grants and Awards, Protocols, Review articles. An IFMRS Knowledge Platform is currently being developed and will include much more!
Training for PhD students and Postdocs – Details to be announced in 2018
Chance for your members and New Investigators to be represented on the IFMRS Board of Directors and various committees to collaborate on an international level
Join forces to highlight current research and lobby for funding
Membership of the IFMRS is open to any independent non-profit musculoskeletal research society governed by a democratically elected board of volunteer leaders. Applications for membership of the IFMRS will be considered by the current IFMRS Board of Directors.
Federation mission and principles
• Adding an international aspect to meetings: The IFMRS can identify and/or sponsor international speakers for member society’s meetings
• Development of training programmes for PhD students and Postdocs, which can be delivered by each member society
• Reciprocal marketing arrangements to raise the profile of your society, taking advantage of the IFMRS website and social media to extend reach internationally
• Enhance development of musculoskeletal research in your area and internationally
• Join the IFMRS Board of Directors and take part in forming the future of our field
• Be part of the international musculoskeletal community
• Big Data Working Group - an inventory of websites has been generated to assist members in accessing and utilizing existing databases for musculoskeletal research. The IFMRS Big Data Website Inventory is divided into the following four categories: Epigenetics, Genomics, Transcriptomics: Coding and Transcriptomics: Non-coding RNA
• IFMRS Future Global Leaders group – a new group of New Investigators to advise on future requirements of researchers in the field
Member societies can take advantage of the IFMRS activities and resources and through collaboration can gain access to:
• IFMRS Website
• IFMRS Big Data inventory of websites
• IFMRS Social media
• Information about international grants and awards, including the IFMRS Exchange Grants
• Facilitate training for PhD students, Postdocs, Basic Scientists and Clinicians
• Link to on-line resources (e.g. webinars)
• Knowledge environment
Corporate Membership Scheme
We are grateful to our corporate members – by providing support to the IFMRS, we are able to provide education and funding for members of our member societies.
The IFMRS has developed its Corporate Membership Scheme to give corporate sponsors the opportunity to be involved in the activities of the IFMRS - A unique international federation of not-for-profit musculoskeletal research societies dedicated to promoting excellence in the field.
By working with the IFMRS you will be collaborating with a truly international federation of world-renowned, leading societies, with a combined membership of over 7,000. The IFMRS will work with its corporate partners to develop a programme of activities that will be mutually beneficial with the overarching aims to:
- raise global awareness of musculoskeletal medical and scientific issues through collaborative endeavors amongst member organizations
- expand the website to provide up-to-date and relevant information on events, grants, research and opportunities
- develop the big data inventory - Established in 2013 to provide information on existing databases for musculoskeletal research and currently includes categories on Epigenetics, Genomics, Transcriptomics: Coding and Transcriptomics: Non-coding RNA
- collaborate with member societies to education and opportunities to present research
- Joint meetings
- PhD and Postdoc training
- Online resources
- ensure members have access to grants and awards by:
- Provide information on existing and upcoming grant opportunities
- Offer IFMRS-specific grants to enable young researchers to spend time in another laboratory to learn new techniques
- Collaborate with all member societies to develop an extensive grants and awards programme for the future
- increase membership to ensure global representation
For further information and to apply, contact email@example.com